You have experience in developing and securing vendors that provide final mile transportation delivery services through a variety of delivery platforms.
- Contribute with strategic sourcing related knowledge and insights to the design and development projects of other market functions especially for Fulfilment Development and Network.
- Responsible for securing long term sourcing development and implementation for customer fulfilment capacities (Home Delivery Services) at lowest cost utilizing blended sourcing options through driving the Fulfilment Development Process in the market.
- Contribute to the global improvement projects and the development of global and market sourcing process, ways of working, tools and working methods.
- Responsible for responsibly driving the process for building market intelligence , for the development of blended sourcing options, for the development of a healthy pool of potential transportation service partners and for long-term supplier relationship development on the market to secure short-, mid-, and long-term capacity for growth and enable IKEA to be considered as a preferred partner in the market.
- Responsible for securing seamless cooperation with a customer-centric, collaborative, end-to-end and process-oriented mind-set towards both Market and Group Functions and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading assigned transportation sourcing activities, purchase execution activities, projects and initiatives in the market and responsible for securing that the results meet the actual goals connected to the growth plan.
- As an expert in strategic sourcing, responsible for sharing knowledge with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development, particularly the understanding of the principles of effective and efficient strategic sourcing on the market.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Customer Fulfilment sustainability agenda is included in all aspect of the business directly connected to and influenced by Strategic Sourcing.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Group Sourcing Process in the market including the Group Legal contract package and for the management of all assigned contracts in the market securing compliance of all contractual obligations.
- Responsible for ensuring the right information flow and effective communication throughout the organization and for the alignment with the Group Organization and other business partners.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through personal actions
- University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience in strategic sourcing.
- Excellent presentation skills
- 2 – 4 years working experience in transportation sourcing environment (strategic sourcing preferred)
- Experience in driving business through interdependent leadership skills and problem-solving.
- Experience in contract management, negotiations, business analysis and project management.
- Good knowledge of the legislations and regulations governing the logistics fulfilment industry
- Experience in developing business development roadmaps related to Final Mile Logistics, Final Mile Delivery and/or Final Mile Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A