Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
As part of our Learning and Development Leadership team, you’ll help leaders design, develop and deliver formal and informal learning solutions to market specific PwC professionals. You’ll understand the business strategies, priorities, and budgets that drive the business line and uncover surface learning and performance improvement needs, develop strategies to improve them, and deliver effective and engaging learning programmes. The Learning & Development Leader leads a team to design and deliver best in class learning solutions that meet our business purpose, in a cost effective and innovative way and focuses on the creation of learning solutions in totality, from concept and design through execution and assessment. Integrating with the business, and implementing best-in-class teaching practices, this function supports and enables higher quality, and more relevant learning that is aligned with high performing teams.
This role is open to candidates based in any of our PwC offices.
– Plan and budget for the Learning & Development function across the region
– Leads budget and reporting process in line with the Firm’s strategy, global guidelines and staff internal needs
– Oversees and control the Learning & Development expenditure and cost per hour
– Lead the L&D team to identify new, cost effective delivery models
– Ensure that the L&D team deliver value for money, on target, on budget, learning solutions
– Acts as a trusted advisor for learning related matters
– Create, manage and maintain strong relationships with regional and global counterparts / stakeholders
– Accountable for maintaining a rich and diverse training curriculum, boosting the frequency of courses
– Look for synergies within the business to ensure that our programmes support the business in its future growth and encourage x-los working
– Consult with the business through, and when needed with, the L&D Leads
– Liaise with PLT, HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to develop business skills programmes that meet not only the current business needs but also to predict future needs so that we can better support the growth of our business
– Liaise with PLT, HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to identify areas for future development programmes
– Works with the Middle East People, Diversity & Inclusion Leader to plan to develop and implement the ME Learning strategy in line with the Firm’s strategy, global guidelines and regional focus
– Plans, selects and leads to implementation of global learning programs to address employees’ skill-development needs
– Explore, assess and build strong relationships with top tier training external vendors and certified coaches in line with internal needs
– Engage in high impact Learning and Development projects with global interaction
– Lead the assessment needs analysis and leverage outcome to map relevant courses accordingly
– Design, set and report relevant KPIs to measure course effectiveness pre and post participation, measuring staff accomplishment and performance
– Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
– Lead and implement innovative ways while developing the learning activities, whether thru the facilitation, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, or the venues
– Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans
– Leads a team of internal and external trainers, to deliver excellent, timely technical and business skills training to staff at all levels
Learning & Growth
– Recommend and drive implantation of Learning & Development initiatives across the region
– Lead the assessment and development of different ways to improve and enhance the quality of current Learning & Development offering and drive forward changes to deliver improvements.
– Create a friendly work environment that promotes a culture of trust, knowledge sharing and growth of all team members
– Ensure the team has the necessary resources to perform autonomously while encouraging decision making and problem solving skills