Job description / Role
• Intensive medicine practitioners are specialized in the assessment, resuscitation and treatment of seriously ill patients, particularly those with vital organ and system defects.
• As a specialist in this area, you would require skills in airway management, mechanical ventilation, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and renal therapy as well as invasive monitoring.
• You would still need to learn how to use support and other services for organs.
• It will also be part of the duty to handle the mechanisms of organ donation and end-of – life care.
• This is a high-pressure job, and the opportunity to work under pressure over long hours is an important attribute for those considering a career in this field.