We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM’s 210,000 Business Partners and the IBMers who support them. Our vision is to become a world class delivery organisation and deliver business value at speed.
- As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll be using the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications. You’ll have an opportunity to drive the choice of technologies used as we transform our applications and experiment with the best new tools for the job based on upcoming industry trends. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that components are expertly architected, tested, debugged, verified, and delivered into various contexts across the IBM Enterprise, creating a productive environment for IBMers and our Business Partners. The ideal candidate would have experience in MicroServices, API Architecture and/or TypeScript, as we need more great skills in these areas to enrich us.
- Solid knowledge on Databases such as MySQL, DB2, Oracle and etc (at least one).
- Solid knowledge on Agile methodology and practices, such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven
- Development (TDD), Continues Integration, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Java technology, familiar with IO, NIO, Thread, etc. Understand JVM and JMM.
- Solid knowledge on modeling, design patterns, refactoring, unit test.
- Be familiar with popular web development frameworks and tools, such as, SpringMVC, SpringBoot, SpringCloud, Hibernate, MyBatis, MQ, NoSQL DBs.
- Be familiar with popular front-end development frameworks, such as VUE, AngularJS, etc.
- Be familiar with popular development tools, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Design thinking methods to understand personas and develop great user design
- Experience in enterprise transformation of monolithic application architectures to microservices
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reading, England
Application Deadline: N/A