The Big Data Architect will lead a team of consultants, both onshore and offshore, designing and delivering information management solutions for clients using traditional and big data techniques. This is a client facing role requiring exceptional communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate the business case for big data solutions to our clients.
- Solution Architecture with focus on Big Data architecture; Requirements capture, conceptual and contextual architectures, technology selection, detailed design, planning and costing
- Data transformation technologies including but not limited to Spark, Python, Nifi.
- Data ingestion design including batch and real time architectures using tools like Kafka, Storm, Kinesis or equivalents.
- Microservice / SOA / stateless approaches to data ingestion & consumption
- Data deployment experience on cloud native and hybrid cloud solutions
- Apache Hadoop and knowledge of multiple distributions (Cloudera, HortonWorks, HDInsight etc.) associated Apache Big data products (Hive, Impala, Oozie etc.)
- Data governance and metadata management using tools like Apache Atlas.
- Consulting with regards to recent data-related regulation including the Data Protection Act (DPA) and Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Security governance and access management at infrastructure, server, application including role and attribute based access
- Data Governance approaches and technologies which cover Business Glossary, Metadata Management and Data Lineage
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of data modelling and optimisation for row and columnar based environments. Using tools such as Infosphere Data Architect, Erwin etc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England
Application Deadline: N/A