Lakeshore Learning Materials
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, over 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
Our people are at the heart of our success.
That’s why our continued investment in our people—including employee engagement, DE&I, and attracting, developing and retaining top talent—has never been greater. Lakeshore’s People Team is growing, and we are currently searching for a dynamic HR Business Partner (HRBP) to align business objectives with our employees and management in designated business units. Reporting to our Director of HR, you will create partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives. If this sounds like you—and you’re an amazing person to work with—we’d love you on our team!
A day on the job looks like this:
• Consulting with business management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintaining knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance. Partnering with the legal department and internal HR team as needed.
• Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to business management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Participating in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Following up to ensure training objectives are met.
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
And here’s our end of the bargain!
• Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
• Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
• Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
• Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
• Super-awesome annual profit bonus plan
• On-site preschool for our employees’ children
• On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
• Generous employee discount
• Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences, and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families, and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.