Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Hotel: InterContinental – Dubai – Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA21405
Do you see yourself as Human Resources Manager for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we’re interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
As Human Resources Manager, you’ll make sure our employees are enabled and empowered through Human Resources programmes in your hotel. You’ll also promote a positive team culture while ensuring our colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
- Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all employees. Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey
- Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity and enhance performance.
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees
- Ensure hotel or company hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Build great relations with outside contacts
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies and procedures
- Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes.
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a unique experience
- Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience
- Help create the Human Resources department budget and control expenses
- Monitor staffing to manage costs
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent
- 2 years’ related experience in Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some college courses in Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred.
- Must speak fluent English
- Other Languages may be preferred
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.