Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
You will be working as a HUB Division Project Execution Manager – IMEA and will be part of Process Automation Business Area for Energy Industries Division based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to the HUB Operations Manager – PAEN and will be responsible for delivering the projects to the customers that meet defined specifications, schedule and budget, covering all countries under the HUB. You will also be responsible for implementation of integrated project management (IPM) and Integrated and harmonized management system.
- Leading implementation of continuous improvements for the project execution strategy for the entire HUB and the attached project execution at local levels.
- Ensuring that the portfolios of projects are managed consistently based on best practices, ABB Policies and HUB governance, guidelines, and instructions across the HUB and within the portfolios defined by the country, vertical or any other suitable.
- Overseeing and guiding the project execution teams across the HUB and locally, ensuring that ABB Policies are consistently followed. Developing, customizing and continuously improves standard processes and work instructions across the entire HUB by adopting ABB and external best practices.
- Ensuring that lessons learned from project execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated in continuous improvement actions.
- Participating in the budgeting process, jointly with HUB team, local division manager and controller. Participating in sales and operations planning and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capacity.
- Supervising project execution and performance management through project reviews with management and project managers to ensure contract fulfilment and approves any project deviations. Taking an active role in resolving escalated issues, especially those raised by the customer.
- Ensuring that the portfolio of projects follows execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures, Global Division and HUB governance, guidelines and instructions, and that projects are closed as per contractual obligations and in line with budgeted parameters.
- Ensuring that projects consistently apply contract and claims management in accordance with ABB policies, guidelines, and instructions to ensure securing ABB rights. Minimizing contractual risks and maximizes conversion of opportunities through application of contract and claims management and best practices thereof.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Serving as an escalation point for individual and systemic project management issues within the project execution team.
- Validating and supporting that adequate HSE measures are taken in line with the ABB Way in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model sufficiently staffed with skilled resources and directed appropriately. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Overseeing competency assessments and ensuring that project staff is licensed and certified appropriately.
- Overseeing cross functional collaboration and ensuring adherence and compliance with resulting functional needs and requirements cross the value chain interacting with project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic/instrumentation or control engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in project execution activities out of which 10 years of experience in project management in systems business.
- ABB Certified SPM or PM or PMP certification is mandatory to fill the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.