As an HSE Executive, working with HSSE Manager on HSE Implementation & ensure compliance by all parties with COMPANY’s / Client HSE requirements, and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including all laws, rules and regulations (as amended from time to time) of the governments all countries within the ME Stantec area of operations.
To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by COMPANY from time to time.
You will be working under the guidance of the HSSE Manager and will be involved in the following:
- tWork closely with HSSE Engineers and Officers to understand the essential tasks carried out on site supervision contracts
- tMonitoring contractor’s HSE site activities and ensuring compliance to safe work practices as per the local regulations and project HSE plans and specifications.
- tSupport in planning, coordinating and implementation of site safety, occupational health, environmental, fire prevention, emergency response and security management issues
- tTo ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
- tReview the HSE deliverables of the project and agree with the HSSE Manager.
- tMonitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
- tDevelop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
- tDirect and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks.
- tParticipate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
- tAssist in the Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
- tAssist with conducting internal audits as required by the project / client and recommending remedial action in line with clients requirements.
- tRecommend corrective actions through pro-active job supervision by regular visits to the operational site activities and generate inspection reports.
- tAssisting HSE Engineer/officer for timely incident Investigating and reporting as per the client procedures
HSSE Executive (UAE National)
- UAE National
- Degree in field of engineering either civil or electrical, or preferably a degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives
- Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters
- Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work required
- Written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Health & Safety
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.