Responsible for execution of specific HSE tasks related to the geographical area’s QHSE strategy; the objective of which is the prevention and mitigation of risks to safety, health and the environment. The job scope requires daily interaction with the front-line workforce. The HSE Trainee shall supervise daily execution of tasks relevant to the QHSE strategy at the facilities within the country and assists in the development of Weatherford’s QHSE culture by spending the majority of the time working in the field or in the workshop monitoring and liaising with the front-line workforce.
This position is responsible for following activities:
- Performing daily verification that OEPS standards are implemented and in use.
- Assist the HSE Advisor in conducting regular safety meetings.
- Ensuring induction training for visitors and new staff on the site is performed according to OEPS requirements.
- Ensuring product lines perform appropriate inductions on QHSE issues relevant to their job for new staff joining facilities.
- Teaching facility staff how to access QHSE data via available WPTS reports.
- Validating that proper techniques are utilized for hazardous activities such as mechanical and manual lifting, working at height, driving, storage of hazardous materials, storage of waste, etc.
- Assisting with risk assessments in conjunction with facilities and product lines.
- Ensuring incidents are reported in accordance with company standards.
- Verifying the RADAR program is being effectively utilized and the actions are taken to control potentially hazardous situations.
- Ensuring the online SDS management system is implemented and that safety data sheets are available and current for the front-line workforce.
- Assisting with the preparation and testing of emergency response plans including spill response plans.
- Ensuring environmental data which needs manual reporting into WPTS is completed in accordance with stipulated timelines.
- Ensuring compliance with local regulations and maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) permits.
- Performing monthly HSE inspections and participating in hazard hunts.
- Performing HSE inventories according to required timelines.
- Participation in the annual verification audit program.
- Assisting with supplier audits.
- Supporting the GZ Environmental / Hazmat Coordinator with environmental due diligence activities.
- Investigating methods for reduction in energy use, water use and waste production.
- Validating management system changes and initiatives are understood and implemented by the front-line workforce.
- Performing any further duties commensurate with the job scope as directed by the HSE Advisor.
Post-secondary education to include a degree or certificate program from an accredited institution.Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English.General knowledge of incident management approachesCan understand statistical data trending.Ability to design and deliver basic presentations to small groups.Ability to communicate with frontline workforce and demonstrate visible leadership in the field and workshop.Proven ability to communicate with government authorities, must have excellent working relationships with regulatory authorities, and meets local regulatory training requirements.Good Analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.Good organizational skillsBasic knowledge of industrial safety and environmental systems and legislationHighly motivated individual
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.