Job Description:HSE Officer – PTW Coordinator
Abu Dhabi, UAE (Kizad Port Area)
Parsons is the Project Consultant for a large infrastructure project involving earthworks, marine works, utilities, roadworks, and bridges, to develop an island in Abu Dhabi that will comprise high-end and mid-end residential, retail units, and offices.
- Support and promote Zero Accidents philosophy throughout the Engineering and Technical Support Division
- Ensure the proper implementation of the PTW process.
- Monitoring and tracking of a permit Status continuously to ensure the validity of permits issued.
- Plan and coordinate PTW System among all parties as identified in the PTW process.
- Coordinate with other division and clusters within AD Ports to obtain necessary approvals.
- Ensure proper planning of multi permits to avoid work overlap or aggravated risks and or operation interruption.
- Register PTW application, and forward completed PTW application to the concerned party.
- Issue approved PTW to all stakeholders and contractors.
- Prepare analysis and reports as required.
- Ensure that on completion of the work that the Permit is returned by the Applicant and is signed off as complete and closed
- Maintain the original version of PTW record, electronic/ manual logbook of all PTWs released, extended, suspended, cancelled or closed.
- Ensure all PTW applications are processed, submitted and are approved within 48-72 hours, subject to proper documentation
- Provide required report to ETS – HSE upon request
- Liaises with ETS construction, engineers, and Contractors HSE representatives and all involved parties on a daily basis for all matters relating to PTW requirements and process.
- Identify and Communicate improvement opportunities related to the PTW process.
- Design and Participate in HSE awareness campaigns related to PTW Systems.
- Compiles and calculates statistical data and prepares reports related to the implementation of PTW process.
- Undertake Ad Hoc tasks and support to the team as required by the department.
- B.Sc. or equivalent degree in environmental/loss prevention or any relevant engineering disciplines from an accredited university.
- With recognized Health and Safety education, certifications (ADVETI), license or training in UAE (e.g. NEBOSH, OSHAD – Qudorat, First Aid, Fire Safety, etc).
- 5+ years of construction supervision experience working as a Safety Officer.
- At least 5 years of recent experience in the same role of infrastructure marine work.
- Preferably with relevant experience working in an engineering consulting firm.
- Preferably with experience the in UAE and with a driving license is an advantage.
- Previous Experience in similar role, preferred in Construction HSE.
- Conversant with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Project & Visio a plus
- 2 Years Diploma after high school is advantage.
- Good knowledge about construction HSE risks and permit to work system
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.