Global Operational and Resilience Risk (ORR) is a sub function of Group Risk. Its purpose is to make sure HSBC understands, and is in control of its non-financial risk position. In addition, the function provides resilience risk stewardship to the Business and Functions and the entities we operate in.
- Review and challenge first line of defense adoption of Standards, Processes and Procedures required to implement the Policy objectives
- Maintain on-going visibility of key payments and transaction processing initiatives and to help prioritize Resilience Risk oversight
- Provide credible challenge of scenario analysis activities for both capital adequacy and risk management purposes
- Provide credible challenge of the Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) process and the use of the Risk Taxonomy and
- Control Library to ensure relevant payments and transaction processing risks and controls are included in the RCA
- Provide risk opinion, guidance and credible challenge on payments and transaction processing related dispensation requests
- Strong inter-personal skills, with an ability to manage relationships across all levels of the organization and credibly challenge first line role holders.
- Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity.
- Knowledge of risk management principles.
- Strong teamwork, organization, time management, and complex problem solving skills.
- Analytically capable with an ability to review, interpret, and summarize broad and complex information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to present across different levels of the organization and through different formats.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional certificate in related discipline required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A