We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the Chief Data Office (CDO) team within Markets & Securities Services in the role of Data Privacy Manager. The role holder will help in reducing data privacy risks and driving adherence to the Global Data Privacy and Data Management Policies across MSS Globally.
The role will require working closely with other strategic initiatives, important to the future growth of MSS.
- Working with stakeholders to plan future data privacy needs and adhere to the global scope
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- Providing support in developing and administering guidance, training and educational materials
- Performing privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and guidance
- Supporting the development and delivery of data privacy and protection controls based on data policies that assure the compliant use of data and information across MSS.
- Embedding Data Privacy Controls globally
- Growing awareness and knowledge of the data privacy and other changing laws and regulations within the remit of HSBC operations.
- Good understanding of how customer data is used within the business
- Show ability to manage multiple stakeholders, understand technology and commercial concepts quickly
- Flexible approach to working hours and environment
- Basic knowledge of GDPR regulation and other Data Privacy Laws and Regulations
- Ability to identify and mitigate data risks with the ability to understand materiality of data risks and prioritise / differentiate response accordingly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong relationships skills / ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Proven track record of taking ownership / responsibility for work and be comfortable working independently
- Background in Risk Management or Project Management is desirable but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A