The role holder will report to the Senior Manager of Applied Analytics team, joining a diverse team of data analysts charged with the provision of analytic support to a broad range of stakeholders and the development of innovative analytic approaches aimed at proactively identifying financial crime risk. The role offers skilled and motivated candidates an exciting opportunity to affect real world change through the identification and mitigation of financial criminal’s access to the formal financial system.
- The ideal candidate will combine expertise in the latest in data analytic techniques with a desire to affect real-world change by starving nefarious actors of access to the infrastructure of the formal financial system. She/he will be proficient in applying advanced data analytic methodologies to very large structured and unstructured data sets, while also demonstrating strong critical thinking and creative problem solving in developing and understanding emergent financial crime risk typologies in a dynamic field.
- The role holder will be responsible for responding to stakeholders’ analytic needs while also developing and leveraging advanced analytic approaches to proactive identification of financial crime risk. She/he will be responsible for proactively engaging stakeholders, understanding and anticipating their needs and developing projects and analytic approaches that enable the sustainable and healthy growth of HSBC’s business and brand.
- The candidate must demonstrate considerable curiosity, autonomy and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver our proactive, business-focused analytic mission. She/he will be adept at leveraging diverse sources of qualitative subject matter expertise and will be motivated by a fast-changing field, demonstrating the ability to dive into and swiftly distill the essential information in dynamic topics with which she/he may be unfamiliar. This will include proactive engagement with colleagues across regions, anticipation of cross-regional impacts of risks identified to ensure global risk mitigation is coordinated and holistic.
- Strong communication and influencing skills; ability to grasp and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Ability to produce high quality, high impact written products and verbal briefings with quick turnarounds and requiring minimal editing/oversight
- Strong team player with a proactive and self-motivated attitude and ability to think and act independently while leveraging expertise of colleagues and external partners
- Professional-level English is required; proficiency in additional languages is desirable
- Ability to distill highly technical work streams into clear, coherent and concise takeaways for diverse, non-technical senior stakeholders
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and comfort with briefing analytic findings to senior stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A