GEMS Job Description
HR Code: PA3
Human Resources Assistant
City & country:
Job holder name:
Direct reporting line:
Dotted reporting line:
Manage and support day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Manage the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Provide support and advise in the various human resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development and employee counseling.
Provide support to the school in all areas of Human Resources management.
Internal & External Interactions
Employees of the school and corporate offices.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Advise management and staff on UAE Labour law regulations and compliance.
- Prepare employment contracts and maintains all personnel files of employees in coordination with the PRO and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements.
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on school policies, procedures and documentations.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school policies, compensation and benefit programs.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain HRIS database, employee files and records.
- Update employee handbook as required.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues as requested.
- Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate office.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
Key Accountabilities – Work unit specific
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) – Measurable
Qualifications / knowledge:
College Degree preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods.
Solid communication skills, attention to details and follow up. Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a HR generalist capacity.
Acceptance & Approvals
Confirmed by job holder
Reviewed by line manager