Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known public figure personality, is looking for a Housekeeping Manager to assist in managing the day to day activities of the House and to carry out administrative functions as required. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Maintain operations of the household, purchase household supplies, paying bills and record all invoices and expenditures
• Maintain operations of household cleanliness and security.
• Coordinate inspections or inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met.
• Apply human resource management skills, such as hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating performance.
• Running personal and household errands like shopping (gift purchase, gift wrapping, dry cleaning, etc.).
• Assign household staff duties and supervise work activities for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
• Ensure all household staff are trained and groomed properly; train any member of household staff that may fall short of expectations.
• Prepare and arrange decorations, media equipment and furniture for social events and business meetings.
• Coordinates and serves refreshments and meals and performs butler services related thereto; and assist in food preparation and table arrangement.
• Answers phones, receiving and welcoming guests and VIP guests and assist them from main entrance to designated meeting area.
• Coordinate with all other staff, as needed, in other parts of the employer’s organization in order to follow up on any pending item for the residence (delivery, payment records, etc.)
• Maintain and care for artwork and other household items.
• Maintain care of fine silvers, crystals, artworks and keep updated inventory lists including all stocked items (tables, chairs, tablecloths, etc.).
• Handle house maintenance issues and requests. Communicate repair and maintenance needs to homeowner and coordinate maintenance with staff and external vendors.
• Deal with travel arrangements and assist with packing and unpacking activities.
• Any additional tasks as per the employers’ request.