Job description / Role
Information Technology Specialist
Leadership received from (directly):
Director of Information Technology
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
– Responsible for the day to day handling of the department including all daily checks.
– Assist employees and hotel guest to resolve IT related issues.
– Assist the Director of IT in weekly and monthly checks, month end reporting and yearly budget planning.
– Up to date knowledge of Information & Technology field, networking, communication systems related to Hotel systems.
– Should have a complete understanding of the hotel’s policies & procedures relating to Data security
– Should have a complete understanding of the hotel’s policies & procedures relating to fire, safety and health.
– Highly organised and capable of managing several tasks at one time.
– Must be enthusiastic, creative and forward planner.
– Works flexible hours and possibly remotely to resolve any urgent departmental of guest IT issue’s.
– Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues and guests.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
– Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
– Thinks ahead by analysing recurring IT issue’s and pro-actively suggests solutions
– Manages time and resources effectively.
– Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
– Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
– Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
– Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
– Should have a complete understanding of the hotel’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained therein.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.