Job description / Role
• Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
• Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
• Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
• Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
• Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
• Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
• Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
• A knowledge of the menu.
• Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
• Providing great customer service.