- Works under minimal supervision, with occasional guidance.
- Duties are varied and moderately complex.
- Applies skills in area of specialization.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level partners.
- Sets example for partners in Pharmacy by role modeling customer service, SOP compliance and business acumen.
- Provide great customer service and role model service standards, including working closely with Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) in providing patient care
- Have an understanding and knowledge of HEB Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and where to access them
- Receive and process written prescriptions from customers using RxEVO computer system
- Verify complete patient information to input into the computer system
- Verification and label of prescriptions by 8 point check. Total shift production may include up to 1,000 scripts on a heavy volume day
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Health Information (PHI) as required by HIPAA
- Hand count control medications, measure liquids, reconstitute antibiotics
- Verify type of cap required for prescription (child-proof, easy open); replace if necessary
- Maintains automated prescription processing equipment-Kirby Lester
- Process Central Fill Check In
- Inventory ordering and management through RxIMS
- Check warehouse and DSD delivery for accuracy, notify HEB/DSD vendor if short
- Review Warehouse and DSD orders through RxIMS; make adjustments as necessary
- Invoices processed on timely basis
- Maintenance and upkeep of facility
- Input prescription data into computer
- Process 3rd party prescriptions and manage adjudication review
- Apply computer troubleshooting and prescription application overview
- Manage the -Exception- station
- Retrieve inventory from shelf for processing
- Performs prescription assembly using
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age
- State of Texas certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Acquire 20 hours of continuing education every two years
- 1-2 years previous retail experience preferred; pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- Mathematical skills including calculating measurements
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, TAO, HEB Intranet)
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong team orientation, willing to pitch in at any moment for any reason.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work rotating shifts to include weekends; must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Welcomes working in a team oriented environment and is open to cross-training
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Huntsville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A