Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with a well known military services firm in Abu Dhabi. Our client is looking for a Health, Safe and Environment (HSE) Supervisor – Arabic Speaker. In this role, you will safe work practices and procedures at the client’s location including the shooting ranges. You will identify unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards and create processes and controls. Furthermore, you will support the project operation team at the site in all aspects of safety, occupational health, and environmental issues. You will work closely with the Camp Manager, ensuring all projects are compliant and regular HSE audits are undertaken for the good of the employees and the business.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Promote health safety culture
• Observe health and hygiene with the medical staff
• Review human factors which influence behavior at work
• Improve health and safety behavior
• Review and implement emergency procedures
• Conduct risk reduction and control
• Conduct risk assessments
• Issuance of permits to work
• Document and create of health and safety information
• Conduct health safety audit
• Manage fire prevention.
• Ensure office safety
• Ensure electrical safety.
• Manual handling
• document, report and analyse HSE Incidents / accidents RIDDOR.
• Appoint designated smoking areas.
• Manage security of personal ingress /egress of work areas
• Manage violence in the workplace.
• Administer first Aid provision.
• Manage facility maintenance safety.
• Manage climate control and personal safety (hot weather).