Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
Primary purpose of job
Supervise the protection and enhancement of the commercial interests of QP and the State of Qatar, embedded in a
complex range of existing agreements, related to the non-QP operated Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Fertilisers, Metals,
Power & Water assets (the “Assets”), through monitoring and effective governance techniques. The incumbent has single
point commercial accountability for the Assets, and acts as the primary contact for external parties.• Bachelor degree in a
related discipline (Engineering, Science, Business, Economics, Finance and / or Accounting) from an accredited university.
Related postgraduate qualification (MSc. or MBA) is advantageous
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 15 years of work experience in petrochemicals, oil & gas, and/ or related technologies, commercial
management, business development and economic evaluations.
- Good knowledge of the petrochemical process industry, production planning, supply chain, legal and international
- Advanced contract negotiation, legal drafting and influencing skills;
- Excellent analytical problem solving, communication, presentation and computing skills;
- Foster team work, train Qatari developees, and coach staff; and
- Good command of the English language (verbal and written).
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline (Engineering, Science, Business, Economics, Finance and / or Accounting) from an
- Related postgraduate qualification (MSc. or MBA) is advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.