Job description / Role
Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a strong Head Pastry Chef for a Luxury Property based in the Middle East. The Pastry Chef is fully responsible for the preparation of pastry items to set standards and carrying out assigned kitchen duties whilst also overseeing the team.
Portion control must be exercised according to the number of guests dining and stock rotation in terms of the mise-en-place used in the preparation of dishes.
• Effective daily management of the pastry kitchen as well as satellite camps
• Produce new and innovative ideas for enhancing the guest experience and to complement the work done by the other sections of the kitchen
• Create and maintain a set of recipes which should be used to produce Pastry section items on a continuous basis
• Timeously and accurately order necessary ingredients to enable the section to produce the required items
• Ensure that the Pastry section contributes to ability of the kitchen as a whole to operate within budget, with minimal wastage and costs.
• Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department
• Training and Development in terms of kitchen skills
This position is offering a highly negotiable package based on the candidate.
To apply please send your CV, references, culinary portfolio, and profile photo through today. Good Luck!