Provides leadership to the management of Operational Safety, Occupational Safety, Compliance, Quality and Documentation for EAS Ground and EAS Cargo. Ensures operations are conducted in compliance and conformance with applicable laws, regulations, GCAA, IATA and other international and airline standards and requirements.
- Manage and support the leadership in regard to effective performance of the Safety, quality assurance and OSH programs within EAS Ground and EAS Cargo in accordance with the UAE GCAA regulations, Dangerous Goods, ACC3, FANR, OSHAD, ISAGO, IATA, ISO 9001, OHSAS/ISO 45001, CIEV (Pharma, Fresh, Live animals), Airlines standards, procedures and expectations.
- Ensure the effective establishment & implementation of the EY quality system and EY safety management system (SMS), all associated systems & resources structure.
- Establish and maintain a culture that has quality, safety and security as an intrinsic part of the operations. Ensure that all safety and security occurrences, errors, hazards, near misses are reported through the established reporting system. Ensure hazards and risks are identified, assessed, escalated to higher management (as applicable) and mitigated or eliminated.
- Manage and oversee implementation of OSH policies and procedures, risk management in EAS Ground and EAS Cargo to meet the aims and obligations set out by OSHAD and other applicable regulations and standards and promote employee well-being.
- Consult and liaise with the GCAA, DoT, IATA, other relevant authority, ADAC, Police, external organizations, and customer airlines as required on compliance and OSH matters.
- Management of the EAS documentation system, procedure development and dissemination of quality, safety and security operationally relevant information to all EAS staff, service providers and contracted personnel as applicable
- Define duties, update and implement company’s objectives and policies to develop and manage people which delivers a high level of motivation and promotes teamwork.
- Plan, forecast and deliver all aspects of the future requirements of the business
Education & Experience
- Degree Equivalent or Diploma in appropriate business qualification
- Minimum of 10 years aviation industry experience is required including at least 5 years in relevant senior management role managing the operational safety, compliance and quality
- Sound knowledge of regulations, quality and safety systems.
- Excellent communication and stake holder management skills
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.