Job description / Role
• To develop the University’s external/ internal research, in line with University strategy.
• Responsible for exploring and setting key strategic objectives relating to long term research &, including review and development of strategic activities to increase research level.
• To disseminate complex information in such a form to ensure the understanding of colleagues, including through workshops, surgery sessions and one-to-one coaching.
• To scrutinize and critique research of major strategic importance to the institution, advising and coaching staff on improvements leading to increased success rates.
• To ensure efficient service delivery for research.
• To conduct risk assessments, where appropriate, in particular or large research.
• To be responsible for post-award research & enterprise support activities, including audit.
• To advise on relevant legal and governance issues relevant to research, including: Intellectual Property Rights, and research ethics.
• To be responsible for undertaking continued professional development ensuring skill levels relating to research best practice are kept up to date.
• To establish contacts with the national & international academic community, including external research networks and funding councils.
• To develop, prepare and deliver training, CPD and briefings to staff on issues relating to external income generation.
• To analyse complex information on research & innovation activity, to manipulate data and interpret it for the Head of Research and innovation, Vice Chancellor, including KPIs, targets, competitor scanning and benchmarking.
• Any other responsibilities that may be asked by Management to do.