Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you’ll be doing
The purpose of the role is to devise, implement and promote the People Strategies for the Fashion Franchise, ensuring alignment between business operations and the Group’s HR strategies and current objectives. The role requires an experienced, commercially minded individual with a solid understanding of both Group and business strategy. The role holder will work on building synergies between the different franchise/ distribution businesses ensuring strong collaboration, leveraging on people practices / initiatives and sharing best practices. They will provide advice to support People related business decisions and will guide, mentor and develop all People Partners fostering a collaborative and forward focused Group culture.
– Define People Strategies, (taking account of both current Group HR priorities and business specific areas of focus) to support the overarching ambitions of the business.
– Define and cascade annual People Metrics to be incorporated into leaders and People Partners annual goals to ensure alignment adherence to the vertical People Strategy.
– Guide and support each People Partner with the creation of their brand specific annual People Strategy.
– Lead workforce planning activities to ensure optimal organizational structures are in place to support future focus, growth, scalability and employee satisfaction.
– Guide, support and coach team members in order to instill a growth mindset and to ensure the perception and caliber of the People function is continually elevated.
– Coach and mentor the leaders to raise awareness around new ways of working and inspirational leadership to support cultural transformation.
– Be an active and effective member of the People Team, and act as the custodian of our Group culture and values.
– Act as a change agent, continually looking for innovations and efficiencies with regards to how we manage and motivate our people.
– Support the transfer of knowledge and encourage closer collaboration within the People team, across the Group.
– Act as the main point of contact between the business activity and the HR Competence Centre Leads.
– Ensure People Partner alignment and adherence to the yearly cycle deadlines.
– Act as the first point of escalation for People Partners and support decision making when it comes to complex issues.
– Continually assess the effectiveness of current policies, procedures, and programs and put forward recommendations to improve impact and employee satisfaction.
– Endorse and support People Partner’s brand-specific employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of their team’s skills set and raise awareness around behavioral, technical and leadership competencies.
– Liaise with the Group’s Talent Acquisition lead to ensure recruitment strategies result in relevant, high caliber candidates being identified.
– Ensure timely and rigorous implementation of annual performance management cycle.
– Ensure potential reviews and succession planning are rolled-out consistently, in order to identify true HiPOs, and so clear development conversations can be had for all employees based on both performance and potential.
– Leverage Talent Management tools to educate People Partners around career paths, succession planning and talent development activities.
– Collaborate with L&D to ensure training needs are being met and learning budget is being consumed effectively.
– Leverage available HR data analytics, external benchmarks and best practice approaches to support decision making
– Act as a catalyst for our Group wide cultural transformation, continually observe and provide feedback to leaders and people managers around how to be perceived as role models, creating positive and inspiring team climates.
– Champion Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on culture change, nationalization and employee well-being.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.