Al Futtaim Group
Head of Partnerships | Blue | Dubai
Overview of the role
With the objective of scaling the Blue business through relevant external partnerships, head of partnerships -Blue role is a strategic role that will be responsible for owning and optimizing the partnership strategy for Blue and end to end enable the partnership development process. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity to establish and maintain strong partner partnerships and identify means to optimize performance and enable new growth areas.
A seasoned business leader with a broad skill set which demonstrates analysis, excellent business judgment, and strong partnership management and negotiation skills, you will work with partners of all sizes (established firms as well as startups) and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent AFG / Blue at all levels of the organisation. Experience in strategic thinking, negotiations and commercial acumen are required. Experience of having worked with both established firms and startups will be preferred.
Primary responsibilities include ensuring alignment of partnership strategy to Blue’s vision and growth ambitions, continually identifying relevant strategic partnership opportunities, owning the relationships, monitoring partners to ensure compliance with company policies and commitments, and monitoring whether partnership objectives are being met.
This role involves working closely with various members of the Blue leadership team including Product heads, Marketing, Technology & data leadership, and commercial among others.
What you will do
- Ensure ongoing alignment of partnership strategy with overall Blue vision and Blue’s strategy.
- Works both independently and along with Blue leaders to explore new ways to optimize partnerships to achieve more value and identifying new & innovative partnership options
- Evaluate potential suppliers considering criteria such as Value addition to Blue & its customers, partner reputation, financial stability
Partner Relationship Management
- Develop and sustain relationships with current and potential Blue partners; meeting with suitable partners to assess potential for partnership, value addition potential for Blue and its customers, involvement in commercial constructs / discussions
- Communicating with internal departments such as lines of business leadership, internal audit, senior management on any partnership matters and/or to oversee related tasks
- Working closely with Central Procurement, Legal and other teams as needed on contract negotiation processes
- Ensuring partner onboarding is completed in timely fashion
Partnership Risk Management
- Maintaining a view of pertinent risk information pertaining to third parties, and communicating this data via InfoSec and internal teams to senior leadership and pertinent stakeholders
- Continuously monitoring risk even after the contract is executed (e.g., monitoring performance levels and periodically requesting and analyzing current due diligence).
Partner Governance and Reporting
- Assist Blue leadership team with planning and developing the partner management policy, program and procedures; establishing standards / KPIs by which to assess the performance of partnerships
- Own the governance and KPI monitoring for strategic partners including regular partnership executive cadence
- Evaluating current partnership programs and identifying ways to improve them
Required skills to be successfulSuperior awareness and understanding of relevant trends, technology and issues around consumer loyalty, ecosystem plays and business practicesUnderstanding of partnership constructs and varied approaches based on types of organizationsProficient understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to commercial constructs and contract management.Strong team player with ability to work with diverse set of stakeholdersStrong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.Excellent written and verbal communication skills. What equips you for the roleBachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.Ten years of relevant partnership experience gained through a combination of working with medium to large organizations as well as technology driven start-upsExperience of working in different geographies / multi-cultural experience is a plusExperience of taking a strategic view towards partnerships as well as enabling execution of plansDemonstrable ability to work under pressure and determine priorities to meet deadlinesProven partnership relationship management skills and experience
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.