At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit – we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace – do you Dare to Grow with us?
Head of Ocean Freight and Regional LCL Manager responsibilities are:
- Managing all aspects of the Ocean freight operations, Product Pricing and procurement for the UAE. This person will be primarily concerned with oprerations and commercial side of the business, focused on effective Pricing and procurement, supporting BD to successfully win new business and designing product solutions to meet the customer’s needs.
- Having a very close relationship with key carriers and ensure Ceva gets impeccable service and value allowing us to offer excellent value and service to our clients.
- Mainting a high level of existing business and a satisfactory growth level that is in line with the companies targets both in Volumes and Revenues.
- Since the role is commercially oriented, it is also expected that position holder engages in direct contact with customers/clients to acquire new business or develop existing business to ensure sales targets are met.
- Leading the development of key tradelanes for the UAE organization
- End to end success of the Ocean Freight LCL Product regionally and will develops strategies to grow the Ocean Freight LCL product in a sustainable way in-line with Ceva’s global LCL strategy. The Regional Head of LCL develops and manages competitive service offerings from CFS to CFS, owns and drives the volume growth across the regional and global network.
- Acting as P&L manager within the region. The Regional Head of LCL steers volumes and price levels to enable cost optimal production and profitable growth. She/he enforces globally binding standards to ensure optimal operational execution in cooperation with the respective Ocean Operations Manager in charge.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Product strategy, budget and controlling –Own and drive the Ocean Freight strategy/budget annually in collaboration with BD, Finance, regions and stations in clusters, global product and procurement. Regular regional and station performance reviews on location and/ or calls with respective management.
- Operations – Be kept aware of major operational challenges pro-actively by Operations Manager. Selectively decides to engage in operational issues, if needed, in order to keep the product commercially competitive.
- People (Values, Recruiting, hiring, development, motivation, succession, exiting) Lead with passion, exemplifying CEVA’s values. Recruit, hire, train, develop, and motivate qualified staff to execute. Business strategy in alignment with RVP and Product leadership. Ensure adherence to all HR policies as outlined in CEVA business rules (code of conduct) and applicable local laws. Engage regional HR with any employee relations concerns. Develop and execute employee engagement programs to motivate and retain staff. Drive employee performance review process. Ensure there are contingency staffing plans in place for the department.
Pricing- Procurement- Product Design: Final decision on Ocean Freight pricing (end to end). Owner of pricing strategy (incl. market based/ push pricing), policies, guidelines and process. Own the pricing desk. Set and communicate minimal selling rates (MSR’s). Ensure that quotes are turned around in the stipulated time frame agreed with the BL leader. Execute and implement the global pricing strategies, policies, guidelines and process. Interface to GTM and BD. Responsible for trade-lane campaigns in conjunction with GPD and BD. Executes the global core carrier strategy and executes regional carrier strategy with global. Local Carrier’s performance / QBR / Scorecard. Local procurement within the given framework. Execution of VID program. Contract review and optimization against market conditions. Responsible for timely and accurate rate management tool input. Own and support the development of the new products and/or product enhancements aligned with global e.g. Tradelane focus, customer changes, sector changes in alignment with global product. Involves necessary stakeholders like BPE, BD, Regional MD, Station managers and global product etc. proactively in the design phase and implementation.
Performance management – Responsible for preparing content for monthly review of performance. Responsible for reviewing performance with related BL Managers/Country Managers on a monthly basis..
BD Engagement – Defines and drives Regional initiatives with cluster BD e.g. churn, product, and design. Works with cluster BD to set strategy, budget planning and future focus. Supports RDMS and GKAMs on large businesses. Drives sales campaigns in collaboration with the RDMS (design is with TLD). Minimum monthly pipeline review with cluster BL Leader and RDMs. Key entry point for Regional BD leader / RDM into business line. Drives strategic direction to BD – sectors, port pairs, product focus, etc. Drives aligned budget with BD.
Process Design – Responsible to implement the station process, the process interfaces with products and functions – e.g. ground, CHB, finance, BD – aligned with global. Provides input / guidance for process enhancements / adjustments and approves inside the cluster. Responsible to ensure process are in line with internal and external compliance. Provides input to change requirements for our IT application landscape. Close interaction with BPE for the implementation of process changes. Process review and improvements based on BPE’s feedback from implementation and process audits.
- IT – Supports global design board. Provides input to change requests. Provides input of future IT requirements. Consults on future IT A&O vision and strategy
- Define regional LCL Product Strategy designed to reach growth targets in line with global targets, including LCL sub-products and service specifications aligned with Product Strategy and BD strategy.
- Define and maintain pricing strategy per LCL sub-product service in accordance with the principles set-out on global level. Definition of Market Selling Rates (MSR), MyCeva Rates and RFQ rates.
- Setting up and managing CEVA’s own services and solutions, monitor payload utilization and jointly agree and track corrective actions with regions if required.
- Own the Market Selling Rate (MSR) as per trade lane ownership; ensure up-to-date and validated MSRs in the central rate repository. Manage GRI/PSS/EIS.
- Define and execute a binding Procurement Strategy (from CFS to CFS) within globally defined scope with clear split of responsibilities for procurement activities between global, region and country.
- Ensure effective supplier relationship and regular performance management of co-loader.
- Support Ocean Freight LCL related training.
- Dotted Line Management of the Gateways in the region and the respective LCL PIC in the countries.
- Supporting BD in customer calls; being able to present and articulate.
- Drives Innovation, manages change and deals with ambiguity.
- Managing the LCL P&L within the region on behalf of the Regional Head of Ocean Freight and the Global Head of LCL.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Logistics or a related field required.
- Completed apprenticeship as logistics manager
- Minimum 7-year Industry experience
- Coming from a senior position of a competitor or co-loader.
- Being a true ocean freight specialist, with emphasis on the LCL product and LCL related network management.
- Experience regarding Gateway Operations.
- Supervising and providing direction to staff.
- Typically at least five years of experience, including experience as a lead or supervisor, more senior roles require at least eight years of experience, including at least two years of expert or managerial experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- In depth Knowledge of the company’s global products and services.
- In depth Knowledge of transportation, logistics and supply chains services and operations.
- In depth Knowledgeable of domestic and international regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the transportation and oil and gas industry.
- Ocean Carriers and vendor knowledge and contact base
- Understanding of the development and implementation of ocean operations, programs, policies and procedures.
- Understanding of strategic initiatives in a similar environment.
- Applying more standard project management methodologies with a focus on implementing plans to achieve goals.
- Strong understanding in the interpretation and applicable of related laws, rules, and regulations.
- Understanding of group process, influencing, problem identification and resolution at both a strategic and functional levels.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Impeccable ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Impeccable ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer attractive package/ benefits and bonus scheme that includes medical insurance, life assurance and family benefits. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career.
As a global organization, and as part of the CMA CGM Group, diversity is critical to our business success; only when we can reflect the cultures, languages, behaviors and local knowledge of our customers, we can succeed. By employing people with different experiences and abilities, we expand our knowledge and increase our creativity and innovation.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: [email protected] We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.