Job description / Role
This role is responsible for all movement of gases as an input to company business, movement of finished goods to its customers and reverse movement of assets back to the company. This is a key functional role for the business to ensure the supply chain process is efficient and effective. This position will also be the responsible asset manager for all gas distribution assets like ISO tanks, Cylinders, Quads and cryogenic vessels for the group.
– Manage international shipping of ISO tanks and other Group assets – Fleet management
– Develop collaborations with regional logistics partners and Analyse the logistics constraints and provide solutions.
– Manage inventory of assets, transportation, and other logistics processes
– Develop new strategies for continuous improvement and streamline processes and reduce cost.
– Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met for the department
– Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
– Partner and communicate with manufacturers, suppliers, and customers
– Manage and develop logistics staff
– Create and manage budgets for the department