Parsons - United Arab Emirates
- The Head of IT Corporate Applications Support is a leader to collaborate with the Director, IT Operations to develop and maintain a strategic vision for the present and future use of companywide business and professional systems. Ensures that available IT resources in the Corporate Applications organization align with NTL overall business objectives.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing budget, scope and/or schedule for new Corporate Applications as well as for the operation, maintenance and enhancement of existing applications and systems. S/He will provide oversight and financial management for the installation, testing, implementation and ongoing maintenance of NTL business, engineering and professional applications and systems. S/He will manage the day-to-day functions of NTL IT Corporate Applications and services. Should work with internal and external clients to identify, recommend, and implement major systems and applications that support NTL business operations, design, and engineering initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Works with other Heads and Sr. IT Managers to identify, plan and define NTL Corporate Applications goals and objectives. Determines the internal or external (third party) resources required to achieve them; creates budgets, resource plans and implementation plans; directs the effort to acquire, retain and manage those financial, technical and staff resources.
- Establishes and implements required documentation, policies, and procedures for optimal operations of business applications, production implementation of new applications, and changes to existing ones.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors application performance metrics. Provides and issues the necessary reports and information regarding the health of operations for the designated business applications.
- Provides leadership and directs supervision to team leaders, staff and one or more work groups that determine requirements, design, select, develop, implement, support, and monitor corporate-wide applications that support NTL program as well as the use of third-party products and services.
- Has an extensive knowledge of current and emerging IT technologies and services and identifies those technologies and services that can best support NTL in achieving its short- and long-term business goals cost effectively.
- Management of quality assurance testing support activities for operational and project work
- Responsible for managing full lifecycle of ERP (SAP and others), CRM (Dynamics and others) or any other NTL business application implementation.
- Supports NTL IT Support Service departments, as needed, with negotiation and approval of service level agreements for new contracts with vendors and contractors, for renewing contracts with existing vendors and for upgrades or modifications to existing applications, products, and services.
- Assures the successful development and installation of new applications and services. Assigns staff to coordinate and support the installation, testing, implementation and maintenance of new applications and services. Monitors progress and verifies that final delivered product or service meets contract terms and end user requirements.
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of NTL functional templates
- Provide and co-ordinate cross functional input
- Ensure System Blueprint QA and sign off
- Provide input to System Architecture
- Develop and implement the data management, change management and data migration strategy
- Develop and implements the NTL business application and roadmap (including SAP) support strategy
- Manage IT software and support vendors
- Ensure SOX compliance and documentation
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all the critical and sensitive information
Qualifications:University degree in Information Technology or related field and knowledge of engineering applications preferred. Masters or MBA Degree – (Desirable)10-15 years of experience in the IT software and application development with a leadership role.Project management certification – (Desirable)SDLC management and COBIT 5 certification is preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.