We are seeking a dynamic and committed Head of Islamic and Arabic Social Studies to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022. Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has grown significantly and our reputation for developing academic achievement and is well known as one of the international school of choice in Ras Al Khaimah.
The school also has available for the right candidate, several additional school-wide responsibilities which attract monthly ‘Positions of Responsibility’ (POR) allowances.
Nestled between the Al Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, RAK Academy Family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the United Arab Emirates. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes drive from Ras Al Khaimah International Airport, our schools provide British and IB curriculum to almost 2700 students from over 97 different nationalities across its 5 campuses, each with its own unique character.
The successful candidate must:
- Bachelors Degree in Islamic Studies or Islamic Education.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- It is essential to have experience in British or IB curriculum. Experience in both curriculums will be highly regarded.
- Have experience teaching Islamic B and Arabic Social Studies.
- Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Most importantly, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.