Provide maintenance oversight on Instrumentation and Control (I&C) facilities to ensure plant safety and reliability. Oversee Long Term Maintenance Strategies (LTMS) contractors performing I&C work to ensure high quality. Lead the troubleshooting process as necessary to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and correctly.
Instrumentation I&C Maintenance
- Monitor the performance of the containment I&C equipment, specifically the reactor protection system, engineered safety future actuation system, radiation monitoring system, seismic monitoring system, and the control, monitor, and protection instruments for all containment related systems to confirm appropriate function.
- Monitor the performance of the Balance of Plant (BOP) I&C equipment, specifically the turbine building open/close cooling water system, plant water treatment system, instrument air system, plant Hydrogen, Carbon Dioxide, & Nitrogen gas treatment system, auxiliary steam system, etc. to confirm appropriate function.
- Oversee LTMS contractors performing tasks related to I&C maintenance activities to ensure alignment with the standards and procedures in Nawah.
- Assist in developing maintenance strategy and skills to increase the effective maintenance work.
- Monitor short term outage and prepare outage activity list to ensure plant downtime is minimized.
- Prepare and plan procurement requests for equipment spare parts and special tools to ensure I&C maintenance activities are properly resourced.
- Develop documents related to installation and service contracts to retain information relevant to those contracts.
- Conduct periodic and surveillance tests to confirm appropriate plant I&C system performance.
- Provide technical support for other station groups to diffuse technical knowledge throughout the organization.
- Provide updates to equipment and material master data system within the material management system to ensure accountability of equipment and materials.
- Prepare for World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) pre-start up peer reviews to ensure alignment with industrial best practices.
- Monitor compliance with FME procedures and guidelines to ensure the safety and reliability of the plants
- Lead the troubleshooting process on the control systems to ensure issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Develop management expectations and communicate with department to ensure high level of safety and reliability of plant systems.
- Monitor training effectiveness and consult with training staff to improve training effectiveness.
- Critically evaluate performance of individual staff to develop necessary training.
- Verify training programs provide necessary technical knowledge and skills to ensure staff are properly trained and qualified to conduct assigned responsibilities.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation of performance to ensure quality of training and qualification program.
- Support outage and/or the ERO, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
- Provide input into the development of the Department’s systems and processes, as well develop and implement the Section’s procedures, identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Section, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, to meet the Section’s requirements and standards.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner that supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem-solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals
- Diploma or Equivalent.
- 7 years of relevant experience, out of which:
- 2 years Power Plant Experience.
- 1 year Nuclear Power Plant Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering
- APR-1400 or OPR-1000 maintenance and engineering experience
- 1 year of experience in a Managerial role.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit station.
- Understands nuclear power plant design and maintenance.
- Understands license basis requirements.
- Understands the responsibilities with regard to the plant maintenance and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.
- Understands regulatory requirements relative to the maintenance of a nuclear power plant.
- Broad knowledge of nuclear power plant modification programs and standards.