Who we are looking for
We are looking for an accomplished senior sales/business development professional to join our dynamic, diverse SSGA Middle East & Africa (MEA) team. Based in our ADGM office (Abu Dhabi), you will be a key member of the MEA team contributing to our prospecting, new revenue generation and client retention efforts.
You will lead an ambitious and entrepreneurial business development team covering a range of client segments with a strong focus on Official Institutions, pension funds and asset gatherers. Your personal focus will be on Tier 1 government, government-related and financial institutions across the region.
You will need to collaborate with colleagues in investments, research, and marketing. The role requires energy, flexibility, curiosity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We want you to develop a deep understanding of the SSGA franchise in the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia market to advance our pipeline and actively contribute to the region’s annual net new revenue targets.
This role reports to SSGA’s Head of Middle East and Africa and will be part of the regional leadership team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Assume ownership and accountability for growing and converting an existing sales pipeline including institutional asset owner mandates, commingled funds and sub-advisory opportunities
- Work with the Head of Middle East and Africa on the annual sales strategy and commit to its successful execution
- Take a leading role in retaining existing business by delivering high quality relationship management and anticipating our clients’ evolving needs
- Focus your efforts on value-added products including quant and fundamental equities, EM debt, fixed income, cash and alternatives whilst defending our core indexing business
- Lead an existing sales team and ensure they deliver on their individual KPI’s (in addition to yours) and contribute to the region’s Annualized Net New Revenue targets
- Manage and grow relationships with fund distributors/promoters
- Oversee RFP’s, product information gathering and client-centric research origination/dissemination
- Harness the expertise of our internal specialists (e.g. portfolio management, portfolio strategy, research, Cash, SPDR, etc.) in order to deliver a consultative sale to clients
- Monitor key product performance and liaise with portfolio strategists to ensure proactive engagement with our client base
- Build strong, positive relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards and ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- You are articulate, curious and entrepreneurial
- You want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- You are motivated and keen to deliver the best possible result to clients
- You have the patience and resilience to work through lengthy sales conversion cycles
- You are passionate about long-term relationship building and are focused on delivering solutions rather than products
- You understand the importance of risk excellence when representing a global financial services firm in emerging markets
- Academic background in finance, economics, business or a related field
- CFA/CAIA charter holder or CFA/CAIA candidate
- Fluency in Modern Standard Arabic and/or Gulf Arabic (written and spoken)
- Minimum 5 years experience dealing with Official Institutions clients
- Minimum 5 years experience in asset management sales / relationship management with top tier international firms
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing a sales team
- Willing to travel extensively across the region
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of legal / regulatory framework of foreign branches in the UAE
- A good problem solver and trouble-shooter, with the ability to identify and analyze issues with the creativity and energy to solve them
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers