Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Head of Inclusion for Al Bateen Academy commencing Academic Term 2021-2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Bateen Academy is located in the center of the city of Abu Dhabi and is a hugely popular school based in a vibrant community. The school is a high achieving British and IB World School (Years 7 to 13) easily exceeding IB Diploma global averages year on year and achieving outstanding I/GCSE results. The school recently expanded into primary years, starting with FS2 to Year 3, and this will develop each year to include a full primary provision, FS2 to Year 6. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is an exciting addition and will eventually provide the community with an all through school from FS1 to Year 13 offering PYP, UK and IB Diploma options.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Bateen Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Plan and deliver interventions, across the whole academy.
- Coordinate in class support for targeted children.
- Writing and reviewing of IEPs.
- Implementation of targets agreed with SLT and Aldar Education.
- Management of HLTAs, LSAs, SEN teachers and Inclusion Assistants, including development of timetables.
- Regular analysis of data, that will then inform planning and provision.
- Classroom observation of children and appropriate strategies then disseminated to class/subject teachers.
- Maintain and ensure regular updating of Edukey. POD register.
- Deliver training to staff.
- Arrange meetings with parents and where appropriate work closely with external agencies to support POD Students.
- Attending line management meetings with the Assistant Principal and Aldar Head of Inclusion meetings.
- Coordination of access arrangements for IGCSE, GCSE, and IB.
- Assist Al Bateen in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and to contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form
- Maintain efficient and effective control of the Department’s resources budget
- Comply with regulations pertaining to health and safety at work legislation and adhere to academy policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations
- Comply with the academy’s Performance Management Policy ensuring challenging annual targets are set and to fulfil the role of performance management reviewer if directed to do so by the Principal
- Engage in annual training linked to child protection, safeguarding and health and safety together with all training, deemed appropriate for the purpose of academy improvement or performance management.
- Provide guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters
- Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities;
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the Academy
- Offer targeted support in both the primary and secondary phases after school (two after school sessions a week) Complete administrative and organizational tasks related to the duties of a class teacher
- Be prepared to supervise pupils before and after academy and during lunch breaks
- Have good subject knowledge in both the primary and secondary curriculum in order to enable effective teaching;
- Establish effective working relationships and set an outstanding example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct;
- Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations;
- Co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the academy, and pupils;
- Contribute to the corporate life of the academy through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the leadership and management of the academy;
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings, Parents Evenings, Review days and events with partner academies;
- Take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to academy policies and practices;
- Participate in Performance Management arrangements of SEN teachers, LSAs and HLTAs
- Participate in meetings arrange for any of the purposes described above.
- Contribute to the CAS Programme.
- Undertake duties as part of the staff duty team
- Cover for absent colleagues and invigilate examinations as required.
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal.
- Bachelor Degree in Special Education or Bachelor’s degree in Equivalent Field with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- SEN Qualification (Masters level or external certification on an aspect of SEN). PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- Experience of a British Curriculum would be advantageous.
- 6 years of experience in SEN.
- Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a Primary/Secondary school.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Inter-personal/communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Consistently graded very good/outstanding for teaching and learning
- Commitment to school’s vision and IB Philosophy and Mission Statement
- Passion for education, teaching, and a belief in the potential of every student
- Commitment to own CPD
- Ability to work under pressure, problem solve,
- Deal with challenging situations and be resilient
- To be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural sensitivity to the needs of our community.
- An efficient and effective communicator.
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 15 business days.
Primary Location: UAE-Abu Dhabi
Organization: Teacher + TLR
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: May 2, 2021, 1:55:42 AM