Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
Head of IAM.AI
Job Holder (if currently filled):
Division/Department (if available):
Supervising (if applicable):
Product, Marketing & Business Development teams
Majid Al Futtaim is building a truly transformative lifestyle SuperApp that creates great moments for our customers, every day. As Head of IAM.AI, you’ll play a pivotal role in bringing this vision to life.
you will hold the ultimate accountability for the success of this business. This includes providing leadership, vision and direction for a sustainable & explosive growth of the business while ensuring adherence to its core values and mission. Leading the Product, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and Legal team, this role is responsible for overseeing and driving high performance teams and scaling a financially healthy business with a strong brand reputation for both end customers and the group.
The role holder is also responsible for developing structure and policies to transition IAM.AI from a start-up like environment to a mature business as the product launches in UAE & continues its expansion into other key markets. The ability to lead with innovation, understand industry trends and guide the business to a leading-edge future is essential to the role.
Ultimately, you will be driving the team’s effort to build a strong experience-led and data-driven product, which is critical for creating world-class digital product businesses.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Shape IAM.AI’s Strategy & Vision
- Own the end-to-end responsibility for overall Strategy & and long-term ambitions for IAM.AI beyond launch
- Be accountable for overseeing the delivery, continuous development and enhancement of the product and providing advisory direction.
- Shape product roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback and performance
- Play a key role in understanding long-term business needs across the group and build the team competencies required to deliver them.
- Craft compelling stories rooted in rigorous insights to influence C-suite
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key business stakeholders within the group and externally with IAM.AI’s strategic partners
Business Scalability and Management
- Successfully launch of IAM.AI into the UAE market, and then continued expansion into core markets of KSA and EGY
- Provide leadership on organic & inorganic opportunities such as new markets for expansion, partnerships and opportunities
- Inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on business case development and scenario planning with detailed analysis
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the market for new growth and develop key strategic and execution initiatives.
- Drive continuous growth and value and advise on associated business needs
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
- Keeps abreast of industry best practice and cascades ways of working.
- Ensure the necessary business processes are followed and participate in the governance including acting as a point of escalation for all teams
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market
Business Performance Management
- Lead a KPI driven, productive, and efficient digital organization
- Oversee all financial reporting and tracking against the planned business case
- Achieving key financial performance targets
- Ensure business is financially healthy and on a clear path to sustainable profitability
- Track business & partner performance against the planned business case. Ensure that the partners generate enough value to justify their inclusion as part of the SuperApp. This value could be in the form of user base, services, revenues, etc.
- Track top level KPIs, actively measure and analyze for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Set targets for growth and revenue; and advise on associated business resource needs
- Ability to liase, engage and influence across the organization, from team members through to exec level in order to drive buy-in and consensus
- Act as a conduit and be accountable for ensuring IAM.AI’s compliance with governance standards to lead the business
- Is the escalation point for compliance issues and accountable for driving consensus
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Establishing policies that promote a high performing, one-team culture and vision
- Building and scaling a high-performance team at IAM.AI
- Provides leadership to team to do their best work while helping them grow professionally and raise the bar.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Help scale the team, also by leveraging your network of relevant potential candidates, actively hire top talent, scale and structure the team
- Identify training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Oversee the development and implementation of on-the-job training
Disclaimer: This role description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the role identified and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements inherent to success in the role.
Measure of Success – Illustrative KPIs
- Success will be measured based on growth & scaling IAM.AI towards profitability
- Driving growth of customer base, retention, average spend per customer, no. of active users, etc.
- Meeting financial targets that deliver on IAM.AI’s ambition
- Development & implementation of growth strategy beyond initial launch
- Strategic planning and prioritization based on business needs
- Collaboration of various business stakeholders through working collaboratively in an agile manner
- Build and develop IAM.AI’s brand reputation from both end customers and businesses perspectives
- Continuous enhancement and development of the product (i.e., launch of new features, services, domains, etc.)
Other Context (if applicable):
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
- Experience leading and/or scaling at least one high growth start-up in the role of Management, or experience within a Consulting/Corporate start up environment
- Proven track record of establishing, building, and scaling successful digital products and high caliber teams from the ground up
- Digital/Start Up background essential
- Strong background in overseeing multi-disciplinary teams of product, marketing, business development, finance, and legal
- Creating and driving business vision and strategy for digital businesses.
- Strong background in an agile working environment
- Strong senior stakeholder experience both internally and externally
- Sound understanding of the principles of modern technology stacks, application development methodologies and hosting
- Strong financials/ budget management
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Prior experience leading cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive ownness of business objectives
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and the ability tell compelling stories
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders –strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solver with the ability to breakdown complex problems and leading the team to find creative solutions
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas –loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- You value collaboration and are your best when part of a team.
- You are curious with a bias toward action and thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Excellent communication interpersonal and public speaking skills
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
- Arabic is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree in the same field is preferred
- 16+ years of strong experience owning and delivering digital products
- Experience working in and leading agile teams
- Experience working in and scaling tech start-ups or similar dynamic digital environment is a plus
Signature of Job Holder:
Head of Division/Department/Sec:
Head of Human Resources: