No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Head of Group Strategy Planning & Performance
- The role is responsible for the development and execution of Al- Futtaim automotive After-sales strategy for cross-brands planning and for oversight of organisational level performance; ensuring the long-term sustainability.
- Works in collaboration across Al- Futtaim automotive After-sales in leading and directing a portfolio of strategic and transformational change.
- To manage and develop the After-Sales Planning & performance and to ensure the efficiency of processes in the business.
Automotive After-sales Budget planning and settings:
- Develop or use existing market intelligence and/or external market data for decisions making
- Lead the collection and relevant data organization to initiative planning and analysis
- Review internal projects and across automotive to identify risks and opportunities, collect feedback, consolidate and challenge
- Maintain, collaborate with the entities and not just challenge but support and understand risk and opportunities from the ground
- Build the links between all functions of the aftersales and support breaking the silos
- Present to senior leaders and agree Budgets for the entities
Automotive After-sales Strategy & Planning:
- Formulate the business planning in line with automotive strategy in collaboration with senior leaders
- Track and report on the execution of the business strategy and its implementation across the division in collaboration with senior leaders
- Identify opportunities and develops transformation business cases by analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations
- Works with senior leaders in the division to identify new business opportunities and develop approach to realization
- Understands market realities, assess business performance and internal capabilities
- Helps define financial and non-financial impact of strategy in collaboration with Finance and senior leaders.
Automotive After-sales Performance Management:
- Create Performance metrics and reporting frameworks for continuous improvement with a strategic focus; which will drive business in standardized way
- Establish governance to manage performance compared to budgets
- Coordinate with finance on aligning finance figures in terms of reporting
- Develop tools to capture in standardized way across all sales channel and functions within After-sales (T1, T2, Body & Paint, Wholesale and Fleet performance KPI’s; report to senior leaders on monthly basis
- Establish performance guides and processes for entities to follow and measure
Automotive After-sales Project management:
- Manage and coordinate projects for the AL Futtaim group aftersales
- Guides team members on key elements of relevant initiatives including objectives
- Provides implementation with clear accountability and deliverables
- Manage and coach resources on delivery methods with a focus on agility
- Support identifying and prioritizing projects with links to plans and forecast
- Track financial and non-financial impact of initiatives in collaboration with project team
- Track and monitor the execution and delivery of strategic projects
- Collate and report biweekly progress for all projects; keep senior leaders updated on progress, next steps, issues and decisions required
Quality, Experience & Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred) with demonstrated experience in planning/analysis and understanding of After-sales business.
- 10+ years of professional experience, typically in strategy and program delivery in After-Sales environment at leading Automotive brands
- Leadership experience and track record of managing high performing teams
- Clear strategic thinking and ability to create buy-in and influence at the C-suite level.
- Understanding of operations, business models, and value chain in Automotive
- Commercial acumen and proficiency in financial statements
- Exemplary program management, communication and organizational skills
- Strategic and structured business, After-sales understanding – long term and short term
- Analytical, data driven outlook with strong planning and communication skills
- Focus on driving commercial results with measurable KPIs
- Operational, fast to assess situation, recommend and act
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish contact and trust with senior leaders
- Strong managerial skills with ability to direct and inspire team to elevate performance
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and resourcefulness
- Ability to anticipate conflict and resolving pending issues
- Strong oral and written communication – excellent ability to crystalize messages for executives
- Strong understanding of business and policy issues faced by organizations
- High attention to detail as well as big picture, strategic thinking
- Ability to operate well under ambiguity and to drive people towards an endpoint
- Experience in building and implementing broad scale, cross enterprise initiatives
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.