1. Job Purpose
To lead the Financial Lines onshore team, based in Dubai. This role manages all Underwriting within AHAC, including the establishment, implementation and evaluation of production and profitability goals.
2. Minimum Qualifications /Education/ Experience/knowledge
Qualifications & Education:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in business, law, economics or insurance.
In-depth insurance experience, including specific line of business.
Relevant leadership & business management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills.
Team Building Skills.
Strong Entrepreneurial Skills.
Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
Strong interpersonal skills.
People Management skill
3. Job Accountabilities
- Ensure that production growth targets are achieved and provide leadership to take remedial action to address shortfalls.
- Take accountability for Profit Centre P&L.
- Develop and sign off new and retention business budgets with Regional Financial Lines Head and Reporting General Manager.
- Establish / execute strategic business plans to achieve profitable growth in line with Profit Centre & country targets.
- Prepare, manage and execute production and expense budgets in line with Profit Centre & country targets.
- Manage estimate and reporting processes and prepare ad hoc financial and management reports.
- Ensure adherence with all underwriting guidelines and bulletins.
- Manage the portfolio in profitable and sustainable growth, closely following claims activity trends.
- Ensure adherence with all reporting requirements.
- Review, analyses and underwrite risks within underwriting authority.
- Provide technical direction to underwriters in the Profit Centre.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with clients and brokers.
- Handle referrals as appropriate.
- Play an active role in the development, supervision, negotiation and sign off of large programs by motivating limits and policy structures where referral is required.
Business Development and Retention:
- Keep abreast of market changes and trends. Provide strategic direction for new business / new product development.
- Seek opportunities to improve synergies and lead cross-sell initiatives with other Profit Centres.
- Provide leadership for pipeline development and management.
- Develop and maintain strong personal and professional relationships with clients and support GM’s to build strategic relationships.
- Represent AIG on industry bodies and professional associations and organizations.
Expense Control :
- Manage all expenses within budget. Continuously work to reduce the expense ratio through constant attention to efficiencies and opportunities to maximize productivity through streamlining of processes.
Audit and Compliance:
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Set objectives for direct reports, provide input for objectives of matrix reports and ensure that staff objectives / KPI’s are aligned to achievement of business goals.
- Ensure that appropriate training and development is provided to meet regulatory requirements, build technical skill for delegation of underwriting authority and encouragement of personal growth.
- Work with HR to ensure that staff development plans are in place with feedback and follow-up.
- Manage succession planning to develop & retain talent and build bench strength.
- Ensure all Underwriting Excellence Goals are met including Rater Usage and Accuracy, AQI Implementation.
- Utilize all available data to improve business mix and Underwriting profit.
4. Communication and Working Relationships
- Underwriting– lead a team of underwriters to grow the portfolio profitably.
- Executive Leadership – report performance, provide strategy updates and share market developments.
- Claims and Actuarial – engagement to understand the drivers of our losses and what underwriting actions are required on particular accounts and portfolios.
- Operations – understand the administrative functions that support our business.
- Distribution – improve and understand the way in which our products are taken to market and bought.
- International Profit Centre Community – share and contribute to best practice and initiatives across the Profit Centre.
- Finance – set, produce and explain financial performance metrics.
- Clients – appreciate and understand client needs.
- Brokers / Agents – build and grow the business with brokers and agents.
- Regulators – share relevant product material and conduct practices.
5. Key Competencies
- Risk Analysis and Pricing.
- Policies & Regulations.
- Portfolio Management.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Customer Focus.
- Drive for results.
- Building effective teams and develop Talent.
- Presentation Skills.
- Innovation Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to [email protected] . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
UW – Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American Home Assurance Company
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.