Lead and monitor the development, maintenance, oversight, and inter-unit integration of the various engineering programs that support the operation of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP), including component programs and asset programs.
Engineering Program Development
- Review and validate the long-term plans for engineering programs, as well as policies, processes, procedures, arrangements, and activities subject equipment performance management or issues at BNPP to enable consistent execution of the programs.
- Lead and monitor the development of the engineering programs and respective procedures that supports the programs in line with the regulatory requirements, to fulfill BNPP operational requirements, ensure operational readiness and the achievement of program engineering objectives.
- Review and validate adjustments to program documents based on the reference plant or industry best practices as appropriate to ensure organizational excellence.
- Designate the human and material resources that will be required to maintain and execute engineering programs and take the actions required to ensure that these resources will be available when required.
Engineering Program Maintenance
- Lead the assessment and incorporation of the internal and external operating experience (OPEX) related to engineering programs to continuously improve the Nawah programs and support high level of safety.
- Lead the development and maintenance of databases and software tools related to the engineering programs to ensure their continued currency and usefulness.
Plant Engineering Programs Oversight
- Review the engineering programs execution to verify that it follows the programs requirements.
- Verify that the baseline data for the programs is adequately defined to support the execution of the programs during plant operation.
- Oversee external suppliers involved in the execution of engineering programs to ensure effective execution.
- Lead the integration of the engineering programs results for all BNPP units to enable analysis and evaluation of the broader base of data.
Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
- Support outage and/or the ERO, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support
Staff Training and Qualification
- Participate in training to equip necessary technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with an evaluation of performance to enhance training and qualification program quality
- Provide input into the development of the Department’s systems and processes, as well develop and implement the Section’s procedures, identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Section, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, to meet the Section’s requirements and standards.
Health and Safety and Security
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by the delivery of the Health and Safety Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem-solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science.
- 8 years of relevant experience with pressurized water reactor (PWR) nuclear engineering experience.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit station.
- Understand nuclear power plant operation.
- Understand nuclear license basis requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with peers within the site and across nuclear.
- Understand the responsibilities with regard to the execution of nuclear engineering programs.
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant engineering and maintenance programs and standards.