This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Technology Leader to join a renowned retail group in the middle east, working as part of the Group Technology function. You will work with our Business Technology Partners and key business stakeholders to support cross-functional digital transformation programmes and key digital technology projects across the group.
You will be a game changer, building relationships, managing multiple stakeholders and communicating confidently and effectively at all levels of the organisation. You will also demonstrate high emotional intelligence and possess excellent influencing skills. This role will work in tandem with the CITO and Chief leadership team, as well as Business Technology Partners to understand the Technology needs of the business and verticals and create innovative solutions that are customer centric and drive business value, purpose and growth.
The Head of Digital Technology is responsible for creating and implementing the Technology strategy and direction for the Group’s Digital business domain. In doing so, product evaluation, technology impact assessment, project blueprints and HLD, functional design oversight and application of standards to projects / applications are key facets of daily interactions and activities with cross functional agile product and delivery teams.
The successful candidate will work collaborating with key business stakeholders in commercial, Joint-venture, Digital business domains in the group as well as external delivery partners. They will interact with delivery teams to validate and construct solution designs across enterprise systems and will participate in delivery projects to perform compliance checks and ensure product quality and alignment with Technology processes.
You must possess strong communication skills and be highly organized in your approach to daily tasks. Previous experience in software and hardware implementation projects and a proven track record in delivering key initiatives in the digital technology sector following industry best practice and tools will be essential. Furthermore, you will have a sustained track record managing and working with Senior Stakeholders, Chief leadership roles and CIO/CTOs
What you’ll be doing
- To undertake high level technical architecture & design oversight of Digital Technology products working with product development teams both onshore/offshore and 3rd parties.
- Understand and have a good working knowledge of digital business landscapes as well as a familiarisation of processes within the digital technology domains cross industry.
- Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of products and technology, delivering them through an Agile methodology and product teams.
- Act as the focal point and ultimately the Technology leader for all Digital Technology solutions, advising your stakeholders on the Technology roadmap as well as the wider Group Technology roadmap across the Technology Leadership Team
- Partner with business subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technology solutions & strategic direction.
- Ensure solutions delivered comply with the long-term strategic roadmap for the Digital Technology domain.
- Present the progress of the Digital Technology roadmap to the exec board at the Monthly Digital Technology Board (which you will Chair and consistently drive with proven results).
- Present and evaluate high level product strategy at a technology governance forum to ensure strategic fit and alignment to the overarching Group Technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities for innovation & support the development and delivery of the Business Technology Partners strategy and roadmap
What you’ll need to succeed
- A solid background and experience in the Digital Technology domain
- A minimum of 10 years experience is required working in technology related environments as a Head of Technology, Technical Architect, Functional Consultant
- Experience delivering and managing complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology, 3rd parties).
- The successful candidate should possess a strong background in different technologies focusing on consumer and business applications and should know and understand a variety of different technologies and frameworks. Ideally the candidate should have a technology related academic and professional background.
- It is crucial to have experience in the application of technology to business processes and to have a good understanding of Digital business as an industry sector.
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles.
- Previous experience of software development / coding during their career.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and lead amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in digital technology such as Salesforce (SFCC, SFSC, SFIS, SFMC), AWS, and other digital technology systems, as well as emerging digital technologies.
- Experience working on integration technologies and a good understanding of API design patterns and frameworks, micro services, API gateways, API security etc.
- Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Hands on delivery experience in delivery frameworks – Agile and Waterfall
- Possess a strong technical and functional experience in Digital Enterprise applications, such as Salesforce, Clientelling, Mobile Technology (generated native apps) etc.
- Background as a pure player or luxury, branding and fashion
- Understanding of the Middle East markets and key players knowledge is preferable
- Strong leadership and collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business value creation
- Ability to design, create, execute and delivery Technology roadmaps and demonstrate ROI
- Holistic strategic thinker on all things Technology
- Ability to manage teams and work in a fast paced, agile environment
What we can offer you
With us,you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employeediscounts. To view all our perks and benefits,