: Africa & Middle East-Bahrain
: 23/Jun/2022, 11:42:19 PM
Define key responsibilities to reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
As a Head of Credit Risk Management within Standard Chartered Bank, you will be responsible for assessing and recommending changes to Credit New acquisition and Portfolio management strategies of Unsecured Business in Bahrain. It will be your responsibilities to ensure that the strategies drive strong financial performance, while maintaining strong risk controls. The Head of Credit Risk Management will regularly meet leaders and team members in Risk Management, Product, Lending and Finance to drive business forward.
- Develop, test, optimise and implement credit strategies in accordance with strategic objectives, effectively gaining support from senior business and risk management.
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy.
- Work closely with business on building good book and simultaneously de-risk riskier segments.
- Come up with ideas across industry on new business strategies partnering with business.
- Understand applicable credit policies, industry regulations and the requisite impact of those governance items on initiative.
- Act as a strong 2nd LOD for towards all business decisions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, and compliance matters.
- Understand all system challenges and find a work around solution to move ahead with alternate mitigating actions.
People & Talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work in adverse environment without losing focus on core.
- Strong team-work skills
- Partner the Group Credit Risk Management team to develop and execute the desired long-term shape of the unsecured portfolio together with business stakeholders based on (a) strategy, (b) Here for Good and Treat the Customer Fairly principles (c) risk-return trade-off and risk appetite (d) volatility tolerance
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Understand Banks risk appetite.
- Understand and challenge the boundaries of credit risk.
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees and to Group and business-level committees as appropriate
- Formulating and obtaining approval of Portfolio Standards which is supportive (from credit risk perspective) of the business strategy of various segments
- Ensure as a first line process owners understand and accept the risk management responsibilities under Operational Risk Framework
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Consumer Retail Function] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key stakeholders especially business and CFCC in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function’s risk management processes.
TRAINING, LICENSES, MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Advanced Credit Risk Management certifications/ skills.
Strong understanding of local regulations in Bahrain under credit risk framework
At least 5 years of strong credit risk management experience for large portfolios and overall 10 years experience in risk management/ risk operations
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers