We are hiring for an experienced, forward-thinking Head Chef who is passionate about culinary arts & specialised in continental dishes.. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. The Chef will be responsible for assigning work in the kitchen, preparing meals for our diners, interviewing and training staff, kitchen inventory management and partnering with the other Chef to come up with delectable new dishes to add to our growing menu.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience while keeping up high quality.
- Submit cost proposals for menu items. Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget.
- Provide feedback regarding the food quality of large bulk purchases.
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Design standardized food presentation guidelines for each dish.
- Monitor inventory levels of commonly used items.
- Look for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Oversee the work of subordinates. Estimate staff’s workload and compensations.
- Hire, train, and manage staff about proper kitchen sanitization methods.
Chef Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience as a Chef in a full-service restaurant
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards.