Responsible for the efficient and smooth running of food production within the designated Kitchen. To control, check and supervise the kitchen operation and be hands on as and when needed. To ensure that associates are trained in accordance with the Hotel and municipality standard requirements. Assist in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform food production and presentation to the customer and associates as directed by the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef.
- Make sure that the food is produced in a very attractive way with attention to every detail; delicious and well-textured while corresponding with menus. Food temperatures must always meet safety standards.
- Responsible for the entire product that directly or indirectly is related to his/her nationality/area of expertise.
- Consistently use food production methods in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility. Must also comply to department and organizational policies, procedures and the Executive Chef’s instructions to ensure that the customer’s expectations are consistently met at all times.
- Responsible for the specific area of expertise which he/she has been hired for
- Responsible for the quality, fitness, freshness, presentation and taste of all the food items served within the hotel outlets.
- Responsible to coordinate the kitchen departmental communication amongst the outlet chefs, and between these and the other departments (F&B, HR, Engineering, etc.). Physically visit and supervise on a daily basis the food production operations in accordance with current state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the Property in addition to management and organizational policies, procedures and the Executive Chef’s instructions.
- Control expenses for the assigned outlets kitchens/operations by producing only what is needed, getting the proper yield of all ingredients and preparing items correctly the first time.
- Build, cost and implement the menus in coordination with the senior kitchen management.
- Share the full responsibility for the food cost, Labor Cost, Ordering, Purchasing and Inventory.
- Assist the Executive Chef in controlling the departmental expenses as per the approved budget. Assist the Executive Chef to monitor the food cost of the property is within the set company objective and set goals.
Experience and SkillsCertificate in Food production or Culinary Diploma.Food Hygiene – Advance. HACCP (optional) Experience in Seafood, French, and Italian cuisines in a high-service restaurant is preferredA total of 8-10 years working and atleats2 years minimum in prior similar role.