Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of data warehouse systems including multiple interfaces. Focus on big-picture and strategic issues; develop policy. Projects are large, complex, and multi-faceted.
- Monitor status of assignments; review code and document scripts and procedures
- Design and implement data verification and testing methods
- May manage vendor relationships
- Provide training to clients and staff
- Lead team in development and enhancements of the data user interface including data acquisition/access analysis
- Partner with others on technical issues and system architecture definition
- Oversee aspects of data management services which may include data modeling and database and analytics platform design, database
- performance and optimization, recovery/load strategy and implementation, and data modeling
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies, and Code of Conduct
- Function as subject matter expert or project lead; advise unit/school
- Create new standards and procedures related to end user and interface development, including user requirements
- Provide technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting system level programs
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve existing subject areas and applications and determine viability for adoption
- Identify areas for efficiency or improvement; recommend improvements
- Programming skills (Fluency in the command line, Python is particularly desired, C++ is a plus).
- Experience with working and problem solving independently.
- Minimum of seven years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Experience with cloud-based computing (Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine).
- Experience building and documenting Python modules and/or Application Programming Interfaces.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD.
- Experience seeing a project to its completion, from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience with software development, image processing, data analysis, and data visualization, is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A