[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Our Food Safety department are looking for a Category Technologist to oversee the product science, safety and risk management of our fresh produce, food to go and juice selections in store. This exciting and unique opportunity will recognise you as a subject expert in our food team and work to ensure that Harrods products are consistently produced to an exceptional quality.
- You will work with cross functional team to foster continuous improvement of our supply base through the deployment of supplier scorecard.
- You will be a custodian of the integrity of Harrods Brand through effective product and supplier approval and management.
- You will deliver the Technical strategy for supplier management, raising the bar of quality, sustainability and responsible sourcing and food safety culture through Harrods Own Label supplier base.
- In this exciting role you will ultimately contribute and support in the creation of products of unrivalled quality, that are safe and legal, and worthy of the world’s greatest food emporium.
- You will assess product suitability for International countries to ensure compliance with legal and religious requirements and the collating of supporting documentation.
- As a Category Technologist you will be responsible for supplier approval and ongoing capability assessment through ongoing supplier management and risk assessment.
Qualification & Experience:
- You will have knowledge of HACCP and specification management and a relevant Degree in Food Science/Tech or equivalent.
- Experience in food retail or food manufacturing is desirable, as is knowledge of food safety management systems and experience in supplier auditing.
- You will be a passionate and inquisitive food technologist, with experience and knowledge of product safety and management.
- Knowledge of the BRC (British Retail Consort) would be advantageous to your application but not essential.
- You will be accustomed to working with 3rd parties as well as key colleagues in buying supply management and food manufacturing and development.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]