We are looking for an enthusiastic and intellectually curious person to be part of our Strategy, Risk and Support team to help make Group Internal Audit a great place to work. Group Internal Audit plays a very important role in helping keep the Group safe and secure and the Strategy, Risk and Support team play a pivotal role in supporting our Group Internal Audit colleagues be a leading internal audit function. We are looking for someone who through various roles and experiences can help us support and develop our teams to do what they need to in an efficient, effective and simple fashion, whilst navigating an ever changing environment.
The Professional Practice team is responsible for the audit methodology and for learning and development across GIA encompassing both technical methodology training and soft skills. This role will lead the development and maintenance of learning and development across GIA leading on soft skill training and extensively support audit methodology training. The candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in learning and development and be able to complement this with strong audit skills. The role contributes to the continual development of GIA in building and maintaining a leading training proposition and is key to maximising capabilities across GIA and hence supports GIA in becoming a leading internal audit function.
- As required support the wider Professional Practice team in developing audit methodology and the QA team in delivering QA reviews.
- Build and maintain a group and industry network on people development. This includes representing GIA at relevant Group / external committees.
- Oversee logistics (with the support of an analyst) – including collaborating closely with Group Learning, external actors / cohort of facilitators / coaches.
- Own and update content (advised by peer and Group networks) – mixture of soft skills and technical training. This will include developing and presenting material.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the development of online training material including the end-to-end audit methodology using appropriate tools.
- Demonstrate core LBG values and behaviours as an active team member
- Building links with the central learning team and understanding the Group’s strategy to align GIA’s strategy to the Group.
- Continue to build a learning culture in GIA including the embedding of feedback and coaching.
- Building a learning strategy with multiple strands.
- Support in the implementation and embedding of GIA’s critical initiatives. Embrace continuous improvement through supporting change initiatives.
- Continue development of GIA’s accelerated development program and capability assessment, mapping the latter to training for core and specialist skills.
- Act as a SME on learning and development advisor to support GIA training including methodology updates, data analytics, culture training etc.
- Identify technical training needs, including relating to audit methodology, design and deliver courses to address the need.
- Build and maintain a leading training proposition encompassing both soft and technical skills. This includes identifying required skills for the ‘auditor of the future’ and collaborating closely with specialist teams and external providers to build a learning pathway to deliver the training.
- Support the Conduct Investigations teams in meeting their training and competence requirements.
- Across c.12 academies p.a. (Foundation / Leading Audits / Leadership):
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A