Performs merchandise receiving function including receipt of product from carriers, entering new product into inventory through PkMS, labeling product for storage or shipment, and moving both conveyable and non-conveyable product to proper location or processing department.
- Generate accurate product bar code labels and apply to carton.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Unload product from the trailer.
- Load product onto outbound trailer and lift into place to maximize carton capacity for each outbound trailer.
- Provides work instruction to associates temporarily assigned to the area.
- Receive inbound product and check accuracy of order.
- Lift product on to conveyor for movement or transport product to proper location for Reserve pick up.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Able to lift 30-40 on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Must have aptitude to work with PkMS system and properly identify, label and enter received product.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when entering data.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to co-workers.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and support for company goals.
Company: Guitar Center
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Rose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A