The purpose of this job is to lead the team responsible for ensuring that merchandise is properly received, properly stocked, brought to the sales floor, and merchandised according to planograms, promotions, and standards.
- Holding “the Mic” and driving sales when scheduled
- Conduct standardized POP audits on a weekly basis, ensuring product is merchandised to planogram standards (including POP, SKU, and inventory integrity audits).
- Partner with the Store Manager and other members of the management team to achieve EBITDA, sales and margin goals
- Ensure proper staffing levels within the department. Hire and train the Operations Associates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in training all associates
- Loss prevention and safety, inventory management, cash management, and business reporting
- Opening and closing of the store
- Warehouse organization and stocking and Maintenance of the facility
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other store related items
- Associate’s Degree (or 3 years of equivalent work experience)
- Valid state driver’s license and automotive insurance.
- 3 years of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyze data and information to better understand the business and make informed and timely decisions. Able to evaluate and solve problems effectively.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
Company: Guitar Center
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Laredo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A