Sapphire Recruitment Consultants
This is a brand-new vacancy, and our client is looking for someone who is fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic. You will have a law degree and have at least 2 years’ experience working in a holding company and at least 6 years in diversified industries. Highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our clients’ business. The Counsel should safeguard the reputation of the group by guaranteeing the group strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The Counsel should also ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure. Strong UAE law expertise and be willing to relocate to Fujairah.
- Review and advise on contracts, licenses, and other agreements with customers, suppliers and other third parties
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting sales, partner and vendor contracts and related agreements
- Advice on confidentiality agreements and engagement letters between Group and third parties
- Give accurate and timely counsel to Executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Keeping standard terms and conditions relevant to the services that they are delivering
- Managing contractual risk across the Group
- Provide accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the Group and its subsidiaries and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to government regulations, commercial and corporate activities
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating documents (e.g., Regulatory approval forms, license applications, company formation) commercial contracts and agreements as required
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that are applicable to the business
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors
- Stay up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the business and specific industry
- Liaising with senior members of staff and keeping them informed
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
Criteria:6 years of experience in diversified industriesExperience as a legal counsel in business environmentSound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law internationally and within the UAESpecifically, with respect to the UAE highly knowledgeable about the Federal and local lawHave more than 6 years’ experience as a Commercial Lawyer working in-house, in a group of companies or in a leading firm and at least 2 years’ experience in a Holding group entityStrong communication and presentation skillsDegree in Business Administration will be considered an advantageExcellent negotiating and drafting skillAbility to build and maintain strong professional relations across the businessAbility to multitask, meet deadlines and work in autonomous environmentLaw degreeFluent spoken and written English and ArabicMust be prepared to relocate to FujairahStrong contracts experienceMust currently reside in the UAEPlease respect the criteria requirements and only apply if you meet these as you won’t be considered if you don’t. We thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidate applications, we only accept online applications in the first instance. Successful candidate applications will be contacted, if you are not successful your CV will be stored on our database but to make sure you don’t miss out keep checking our website, follow us on Twitter and follow our Sapphire Recruitment LinkedIn page.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.