About the role
Ground Services Management team is currently recruiting for Systems Support Officer to join their team.
The role is responsible for the operation of Ground Services systems support helpdesk for both Doha and outstations for operational issues related to Ground Services Automation.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Represents first level Help Desk for all Airports and GS Systems.
- Leads GS Systems, Automation support desk and Centralized Load Control.
- Discusses solution, resolves problem and tracks effectiveness and set-up preventive measures.
- Conducts routine checks in all QR GS IT systems.
- Supports Line Manager to setup/ test/ implement for new stations in terms of assisting the Line Manager on testing the systems enhancement, setting up rules in DCS (TEST system) and supporting to cut over new stations.
- Monitors hosted systems. Ground Services has both hosted, internal and external systems such as ALTEA and GS QHOME which is critical for Ground Services Airport operations.
- Organizes the focus group – internal and external user group to receive feedback and improvements plan.
- Prepares rosters as per HR policy during the Line Managers absence.
- Ensures regulatory requirement are in compliance such as Advance passenger information systems (APIS), Advance Passenger Processing (APP), Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), Secure Flight Program to/from US (SFP) and others.
- Tests and implements new enhancement from Departure Control System (DCS).
- Follows the procedure for Emergency flight handling and spike Data in DCS and QHOME for both Qatar Airways and other Airlines.
- Ensures to maintain Office Records in a compliance with JAR OPS/ SQCAR.
- Investigates and follows up on OTP systems delays.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Has relevant College or University qualification.
- With minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience with airport operations especially load control, check in controller.
- A minimum 2 plus years of specialized technical experience in ALTEA DCS will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of DCS system.
- Good knowledge of MS word, PowerPoint and Oracle.
- Good command of English language. Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- With positive attitude and a team worker.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.