Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Production Associates in Pelahatchie, MS!
Production Associates play an integral part in maintaining the success of the plant by providing coverage and support for various machine centers throughout the plant. Production Associates will find opportunities to move into positions with increased responsibility.
- Keeping designated work area clean throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Assisting with the operation of machinery to expected performance levels
- Assisting with set-ups, troubleshooting, and making minor machine adjustments
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment
- One year or more of experience working in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Experience operating a motorized fork lift or clamp truck
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Six months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, production, industrial, construction, military, or warehouse environment.
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Willing and able to work in an un air-conditioned, noisy, and high volume environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A