Marriott International, Inc
Job Number 21122036
Job Category Human Resources
Location Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, Al Corniche Street, Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
The Government Relations Officer provides a proactive and supportive Human Resources service, upholding the of Hotel goals. To ensure that the HR Department is approachable, helpful and meets the needs of our ‘customers’ at all times. To assist Director of HR and HR Managers to develop and implement initiatives which embrace Marriott & Sheraton values and ensure that all employees are treated in a positive, fair and supportive manner throughout their employment. To develop or source innovative and cost effective training initiatives which meet hotel and individual needs and support employees to achieve both their work and personal goals.
- To maintain an ‘open door’ policy in HR and be personally available to all employees for work / personal problems, grievances, benefit requests, queries and suggestions.
- To provide an advice service to both managers and employees on HR policy, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary.
- To ensure all employee applications are responded to within 3 working days and are completed on a timely basis.
- To be well versed with all procedures and requirements for visas and permits applications.
- Process visa applications and permits, renewals and cancellations in accordance with Qatar Law.
- Create and ensure good relations are kept all with immigration, labor authorities and the local police departments.
- Become knowledgeable with all other aspects of Government affairs work including but not limited to driving license applications, renewal of Hotel licenses etc.
- Assist with any Arabic translations and/or typing as per instructions received.
- Ensure all casual documentation is completed and appropriate records are kept.
- Keep records of any financial expenditure made on behalf of the hotel and prepare accurate claims in a timely manner.
- To ensure all employee files are kept up to date – and to ensure confidentiality of employee information is maintained at all time, in line with Data Protection legislation.
- Answer the telephone in the appropriate manner and be aware of procedures for the taking of messages and diverting calls.
- Responsible for a clean and tidy working area.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.